2x4 is looking for a passionate, curious strategy intern to join us in person, starting in January 2022. Strategy interns are a part of the team and treated as such, working directly with a strategist and project team to conduct research, uncover insights, and present ideas. Interns may work on projects spanning brand positioning to experience design, for clients across fashion, design, and the cultural sector. Our interns are collaborative, self-disciplined individuals who thrive in a multi-disciplinary studio environment.
This is a 12-week, paid internship, full time availability preferred. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and should be submitted by November 28. Please note, a portion of the work week will be in-person in the New York studio, assuming conditions remain safe. Applicants should be in the New York area for the duration of internship.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work with strategist and project team to support work on a wide range of tasks
- Develop, write and present cultural research, competitive audits, strategic insights and creative concepts for specific projects and clients
- Contribute to team brainstorms, studio culture, and new ways of working
- Balance responsibilities across multiple projects and effectively manage time
- Realize projects with both the highest level of creativity and respect for clients’ needs, schedule, and budget
- A recent graduate or current 3rd/4th year student in an undergraduate program OR currently enrolled in a graduate program of a relevant field
- Demonstrated interest and ability in research, writing and creative thinking
- Can-do attitude, never hesitating to jump into problems big or small
- Interest and/or experience in design, arts & culture
- Relevant experience in strategy desired but not required
If you are interested in the strategy internship, please send a CV in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a letter of interest, and a work sample that shows how you think and how you write. This could be an essay, an article, a presentation, etc. from school or otherwise. Please name files with your name and “Strategy Internship” (i.e. Jane_Doe_StrategyInternship.pdf) and optimize the file size for easy transmittal. We will be in touch as soon as possible, and will arrange a virtual appointment to meet should your qualifications meet our current needs.