We have an immediate opening for a talented technical production designer to join our Environments Team, which operates at the intersection of graphic design, architecture, and experience design. The studio is a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary environment that demands a high degree of adaptability while maintaining the utmost quality of work. We welcome those candidates with a passion for rigor and collaboration, and a solid experience in detailed, comprehensive documentation.
You will work on a wide range of cultural, institutional and retail environmental design projects, from museums to large-scale architectural projects, often in tandem. You will work closely with the Technical Director and become an integral part of the Environmental / Experiential Graphic Design team. This position will allow the production designer to learn and grow and become proficient in all aspects of environmental graphics, including signage, interpretive graphics, and exhibition graphics. We are looking for someone who is motivated, creative, a self-starter and well organized to work with a growing team of designers and architects.
- Assist the Technical Director with contract document production including design development and design intent documentation, specifications, and RFP / bid documentation
- Provide architectural modeling in Rhino 3D and Autocad drawing in 2D is a must
- Provide detailing and refinement of project elements (2D/3D),
- Provide design and value engineering efforts with design and technical teams
- Assist in coordination of signage construction supervision
- Review of contractor shop drawings, with the Technical Director, including RFI submissions, mock-ups and prototypes, including shop and site inspections
- Assist in the coordination of the signage fabricator, or other vendors, from bid award thru final installation
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent, in Graphic Design, Architecture or Product Design
- 1 – 3 years work experience in environmental graphics / graphic design / architecture product design or related field
- Knowledge of architectural drawing principles and scale
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites (Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop), Autocad, and Rhino 3D
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, SketchUp, a plus
- Experience using Google docs, sheets, presentation, a plus
- Experience with multiple architectural FTP/Cloud platforms, a plus
- Knowledge of signage codes (ADA/Fire codes), a plus
- Experience specifying/documenting digital screen systems, a plus, not required
Please send a CV and portfolio in PDF format to email@example.com along with a letter of interest. Please include “Production Designer” in the subject line.
See 2x4.org for more information on our work and our culture.